Yelp for Business and GA partnered up to inspire small businesses to think creatively about pivoting during pandemic and teach them how to leverage Yelp and other online tools for generating leads.
* PIVOTING YOUR BUSINESS TO STAY ALIVE AND THRIVE! | APRIL 6
* TAKING YOUR BUSINESS FROM OFFLINE TO ONLINE | APRIL 27
* SETTING UP YOUR BUSINESS ON YELP | MAY 11
* HOW TO RESPOND TO CUSTOMER REVIEWS | JUNE 1
* LEAN MARKETING FOR STARTUPS AND SMALL BUSINESSES | JUNE 15
Rachel Denton Sr. Program Manager,
Rachel is a resident of Austin, TX where she has built her career at tech companies of various sizes and stages, applying her strong aptitude for analytics and process to help implement data-driven solutions to complex business problems. Rachel has taken on many roles throughout her career, from engineering to marketing to operations, each enabling her to further explore her curiosity and passion for data and technology. She holds an MS in Environmental Engineering and a BS in Chemical Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin.
In her spare time, you will find Rachel attending or performing at an improv show at one of the many great theaters in town, or enjoying time out with friends and her dogs on an outdoor patio.
In recognition of her exemplary service in the classroom as both a Digital Marketing and Data Analytics Instructor, Rachel was selected as a member of General Assembly's Distinguished Faculty program. Rachel has been with General Assembly since 2016.
Emily Washcovick Senior Field Marketing Manager + Small Business Expert,
Shawn Walchef Podcast Host @ Cali BBQ Media | Owner @ CaliComfortBBQ
* CaliBBQ.Media Founder
* Teaching small business owners how to turn their business into an online media company
* Host of a weekly Podcast & YouTube Show - The Digital Hospitality Podcast
* Owner/Operator/HeadCoach @CaliComfortBBQ
* Co-Host #BehindTheSmoke Podcast - Published 100 Award-Winning Episodes
* Kansas City Barbecue Society BBQ Contest Organizer #BETonBBQ @DelMarRacing 8/18/19
* Cali's Largest Amateur Tailgate & BBQ Contest Organizer #SVBBQFest 10/27/19
* University of San Diego Alum
* Bishop's School Graduate - Y2K Class of 2000
* Pro Football's Ultimate Fan Association Member - Class of 2017 - #BoltPride
* Digital Media Business Integration Guest Speaker & Podcast Promoter
* Proud New Father & Lucky Husband To My Bulgarian Bride
Yelp's mission is to connect people to great local businesses. Yelp for Business is a suite of resources to help business owners communicate the most important information about who they are and what they do to potential consumers.
Girls in Tech (GIT) is a global non-profit that seeks to eradicate gender disparities in high-tech industries and startups by engaging, educating and empowering women who are passionate about technology. From technical courses and leadership bootcamps to hackathons and startup competitions, it is our mission to support women entirely with the access and community they need to succeed in tech.
Across the globe, GIT exists for anyone with an interest in technology regardless of age or profession, and we operate with the spirit of the girl within all of us—fearless, lively and determined. Founded in 2007 and headquartered in San Francisco, the Girls in Tech impact has affected more than 100,000 members in 36 countries around the world. Programming in each regional chapter varies to fit the unique needs of their communities.