Working from real life case studies, we will review:
- What is Data Science?
- How is it used?
- Key tools and processes data scientists use.
- How to get started in Data Science.
- Learn what data scientists do and the types of problems they solve.
- Walk through the typical data science workflow and see how the pros identify powerful business predictions.
- Explore key tools and processes data scientists use to analyze, visualize, and model data.
- Apply what you've learned to a data set to produce your own recommendations.
Chart your own career path. Pick up where this workshop leaves off. Enhance your professional skill set in our Data Science Immersive or Data Science part-time programs.
- A second monitor is recommended, but not required.Additionally, students will need to download and install Anaconda (the latest Python Version 3.x): Download link here.
- YouTube for installing on Mac: How to install Anaconda on Mac
- YouTube for installing on Windows: How to install Anaconda on Windows
- Tip: Scroll to your operating system version and click on the install button for Anaconda with the latest version Python 3.x. Note: We'll be using the latest version of Python version 3.x in this workshop.
- Technical Considerations:
- For students on Windows, you’ll need Microsoft Windows 8/10 (32- or 64-bit). For those with Macs, you’ll need the Mac OS X 10.8.5 or higher, up to 10.11.4 (El Capitan).
NOTE: A small percentage of participants may not receive emails from us due to some domains blocking our automated emails. If you do not receive sign in instructions within 1 hour of the livestream, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from our team will be sure to respond to you with sign in instructions right away.