“Marketing is no longer about the stuff you make, but the stories you tell.” - Seth Godin
Traditional marketing is dead. Consumers today are highly skeptical of corporate-style disruption advertising. In the age of Instagram and direct-to-consumer commerce, you build a brand by building a following first. But how do you rise above the noise to attract these passionate fans? Start with a great story.
A brand story with the right emotional appeal can transform a casual customer into a lifelong evangelist. Today, every brand needs to know how to tap the power of storytelling to reach their ideal customers, employees, and investors.
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to connect with your audience and get them to believe in your story. Exercises will give you the frameworks and tools to hone in on the most compelling story for your specific business or organization.
You’ll walk away with a powerful brand story that you can start implementing right away on your website, your social media, your email marketing, and other channels.
General Assembly’s classes, workshops & events are for recreational purposes and are not regulated by the bureau of proprietary school supervision.
If this class is recorded, students will be sent the recording link within 7 days after class completion by email. Students are encouraged to download and save any shared materials (worksheets, deck if applicable) during class for later reference as they are not be shared by email.
• Understand why storytelling is so critical to modern-day businesses and organizations
• Learn how to craft an authentic brand story that inspires long-term customer loyalty
• Learn actionable frameworks to help you break down and build your brand story, including the 4Ps of branding, the 3Cs of brand storytelling, and 5 elements of storycrafting
• Borrow tried-and-true techniques from narrative fiction and classic story structure to power your brand marketing
• Deconstruct real examples of transformative brand storytelling
• Create a concise and convincing elevator pitch for your brand story
• Break down excellent examples of ‘About Us’ pages so you can improve your own story